Instructor: Michelle Olson
Community: Preschool Ages, Setting?, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 11, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Name Game – in a circle with a rubber ball. Handing off instead of throwing. Other direction.
- Belly Breathing – Seated Belly breathing with Hoberman Sphere. Student counting breaths. Invite another student to do the sphere and invite another to do the counting. Compliments (2)
- Mindful Moment Card – Read Mindful Moments card on Strength
- Mountain – hug into your center or core. Have students test the difference between standing with feet together versus feet hip-width apart and activated.
- Upward Mountain – Activating and expanding, lifting upward, palms together.
- Dancer – modified. Visualize superheros as they balance. Switch sides.
- Star Pose – Extend out through your arms. Strong and fingers radiating outward.
- Volcano Breath – seated- heart thoughts to a loved one.
- Boat – you are a boat on an ocean
- Rock and Roll – freeze to activate core x3 – Roll up to standing
- Sun Salutation – Forward bend, Warrior 1”Who are you strong for?”, downward dog, plank pose, Cobra x3 soft (soft hiss), downward dog. Warrior 1 (other side) stand with hands at heart in Mountain pose. Invite student to lead sun salutation, while I give verbal cues and help with alignment. Compliments to student! (2)
- Child’s Pose – Lay down on back for imagination exploration. In your mind, plan a party for all your friends. What kind of decorations would you have? Would there be music and cupcakes? What would you do? What kind of hostess or host do you imagine yourself being?