Instructor: Dr. Mary Del Vecchio
Community: Various Ages, School or Therapy Setting, 40 minutes
Plan Creation Date: November 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
How will I set the tone to create a therapeutic environment? Music, Chime, Essential Oil
State which specific challenging behavior this plan will address: Anxiety/Worrying- Grounding and Strength
- Chime – Raise your hand when you cannot hear it any longer.
- Hoberman Sphere/Belly Breathing – with Beanie Babies – 10x Pulse Count – (Will be led by child/Beanies passed out in basket so child can choose) “Feel the earth underneath you. Where are you? Find your happy place?”
- Chair – “I am strong” “ I am secure.”
- Cat/Cow – Make cat/cow sounds.
- Alternate Leg/Arm Kicks – Stretch to touch the ceiling.
- Superman/woman -“I am awesome because… (say out loud)
- Rock n Roll – Where would you like to roll to and why. (say out loud)
- Star – Let’s be a Galaxy of starts and send out your light to the world and to special people who love and help us.
- Woodchopper – Chop firewood for a campfire. Who would you invite to your campfire? Name them.
- Warrior – Stretch your palms and catch a star from the galaxy. (Each of the above will be done 3x)
- Belly Breathing – 3x.
- Child’s Pose – 1 minute.
- Mountain – “I am Strong.”