Instructor: Dr. Mary Del Vecchio
Community: Various Ages, School or Therapy Setting, 40 minutes
Plan Creation Date: November 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
How will I set the tone to create a therapeutic environment? Music, Chime, Essential Oil
State which specific challenging behavior this plan will address: Strength- Self esteem/Self confidence
- Chime – Raise your hand when you cannot hear it any longer.
- Belly Breathing – have a child lead with Hoberman sphere 10x. Have a child hand out pinwheels.
- Pinwheel Breathing –“Be a gentle wind/Strong wind/Tornado/gentle wind 1-2 minutes.
- Tree Pose – while Pinwheel Breathing-“I am strong, I can be flexible” 1 minute.
- Arm Swings – “Be a tree branch. Feel how strong the branch is. What kind of tree are you? Where are you planted. Do you have a tree swing on you? I am so strong!”
- Cat/Cow – 1 minute.
- Chair – 30 seconds “I am a sturdy chair. Who can sit on your lap? How many pounds can you hold?”
- Changing Channels – Ask “What is on your mind?” Have them focus on healthy thoughts. 5-10 minutes.
- Cobra – 3x Hiss sounds.
- Dolphin – “Imagine being so strong you leap out of the water and into a boat. You surprise the people in the boat because you are a talking dolphin! What would you say?” 2-3 minutes.
- Eagle – 1x “Open your strong wings and fly” Now fly to… (“Ask where would they go? Stretch, you can fly farther.”
- Mountain – “Be a small mountain, now grow and grow!” What are mountains made out of? What are you/we made out of?” 3-5 minutes.
- Star – “Name your power color! Now shoot your color out of your star tips. Let all of us see your power. Tell us what makes you a star.” 3-5 minutes.