Instructor: Dr. Mary Del Vecchio
Community: Various Ages, School or Therapy Setting, 40 minutes
Plan Creation Date: November 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
How will I set the tone to create a therapeutic environment? Music, Chime, Essential Oil, Sea shells
State which specific challenging behavior this plan will address: Focus on building community among the children. Water/Ocean emotional language will be used.
- Chime – Raise your hand when you cannot hear it any longer.
- Belly Breathing – with Beanie Babies while laying on back. Have one child ring chime and another count. 10 breaths.
- Dolphin – Swim under the water and leap out of the water. “Who are you swimming with? Where are you?” 5x.
- Star – “Be a star in the sky over the water, shine bright, shoot light out of your star points, lets be a galaxy of stars.” (Children can take turns leading around the room as a traveling galaxy) 5-7 min.
- Boat – “What kind of boat do you want to be- speed/motor/pontoon, ship, canoe. Rev up your motor! Who is on your boat? Where would you go? “ Make your motor slow down and stop. 5x. Taking rests between while each child shares.
- Volcano Breaths – 5x – Erupting out of the ocean floor.
- Roots – “Now we will grow an island!” We will become a beautiful trees. Name some trees.
- Tree/Tree Circle – Tree alone and then in a circle. “We are an island of trees. Make sure you have roots. On the island the seawaves put seashells on the beach. Now come and pick out a seashell. Tell us why you picked out the shell you did.”