Instructor: Dr. Mary Del Vecchio
Community: Various Ages, School or Therapy Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: November 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
How will I set the tone to create a therapeutic environment? Music, Chime, Essential Oil, Lights lowered
State which specific challenging behavior this plan will address: Plan will address holding your words when others are talking. Read “My Mouth is a Volcano.”
- Chime – Raise your hand when you cannot hear it any longer.
- Read Story – “My Mouth is a Volcano.” Discuss as we read aloud. 10 minutes.
- Belly Breathing – 10x Make breathing sounds- “let them out!”
- Volcano Pose – 3x saying a word that is “rolling and running around in your mouth.”
- Roots – 1 minute holding the words you want to say.
- Warrior II Pose – 1 minute “I can hold my words, I can wait my turn, I am getting better at this.” Have each child share a positive word.
- Child’s Pose – quiet – l minute.
- Strong Voice – 10 minutes have each person lie on the floor with eyes closed.
- Sharing – Share their special tip for being a better listener. Share how it feels when someone doesn’t listen and when they do listen. * End with chime.