Instructor: Michelle Olson
Community: Preschool Ages, Setting?, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 11, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Seated Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere. Have student lead breathing with a student chosen counter. 2 Compliments.
- Sharing – Have students share how they use the Hoberman sphere to expand their lungs. Practice breathing without music. What does your breath sound like?
- Roots Pose – Use four corners of the feet.
- Activate/Relax Walk – Have students walk around the room slowly. On the the command “Activate,” students freeze, firm and focus. On the “Relax” command, students continue walking. Invite student to call out a pose on Activate part of walk. For example, Tree or Mountain.
- Tree Pose/ Upward Tree – Branches go straight up and wind is blowing those branches softly. Can you hear leaves rustling? Are their birds in your branches be focused so not to disturb them building their nests.
- Forward Bend – Ask students to turn their awareness inward as they fold over. Bend knees if you have to.
- Chair Pose – Lift belly, head and heart with arms overhead. Keep knees in alignment with feet. Feel how strong you are.
- Warrior One Pose – switch sides.
- Strong Voice Activity – Can you find the strong voice inside you?” “Is it loud or soft?” “What does the voice say?”
- Child’s Pose – with eyes closed for 30 second relaxation.
- One Minute Exploration – Yesterday was so beautiful and sunny and we played outside for a long time. Do you remember the sounds that the birds made while visiting the feeders we made out of pine cones and birdseed? Did you see the blue sky and the bright sun? How did the grass feel and what did the air smell like? Could smell Spring coming?