Instructor: Michelle Olson
Community: Preschool Ages, Setting?, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 8, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere: 10 breaths. Choose a student to lead with a student counter. Compliments (2)
- Mindful Moment Card – Read a Mindful Moments card on Stillness.
- Roots – Stand to Roots pose, use 4 corners of the feet.
- Active/ Relax Walk – in a circle: Add Mountain pose and Tree pose to “Activate” command. Let a student call out pose and demonstrate.
- Star Pose – Fingers spread out like laser beams and expand like a real star in our solar system.
- Star Galaxy – Press hands together for support while standing in a circle.
- Tree Pose – Activate your body and dig your roots deep into the Earth for support.
- Tree Circle – Use hand pressed together for support. Then undo your hands to see how much harder it is to balance without our friends to support us.
- Compliment Game – Students hold onto a rope loop and take turns giving compliments. Practice eye contact and saying thank you.
- Downward Dog – create an A shape with body, press down through the 4 corners of your hands and feet.
- Plank Pose – fingers spread like the rays of the sun.
- Cobra Pose – whisper “hiss” sound. Lift up 3 times
- Child’s Pose – Breathe into your back and let it puff up like a parachute. Be still for 30 seconds.
- Progressive Relaxation – Laying down for a progressive relaxation. Start with feet, tense muscles and count to 5 then relax. Move to legs, then belly, then back, arms, fists, shoulders then face. Take 3 long deep relaxed breaths.