Instructor: Nicole Amuzu
Plan Creation Date: May 30, 2011
Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Belly Breathing with the Hoberman Sphere: Sit in a circle and have students pass the sphere around after two breaths. Those who don’t have the sphere can use their fingers as an imaginary sphere and breathe all together as a group.
- Back Breathing: While in Child Pose, feel the pressure of your partner’s hands on your back like a mother’s hug, secure and tight. The partner should feel the breath rise and fall like the waves of the ocean working with the moon to move in and out.
- Eagle: While in Eagle, notice how strong your body is when working on its own. Once you take flight notice how hard it is to stay in the pose and land on your own.
- Partner Eagle: When you are an Eagle in flight pose, notice how strong your balance is when you’re working with a partner.
- Circle Eagle: Working as a community you will all take flight together to find food for your babies and will all land together relying on each other’s strength to maintain your balance.
- Shoulder Clock: In this pose we will work together to open our chests after closing our hearts in the Eagle Pose.
- Back Drawing: Focusing on a family of eagles, draw a mountain. On that mountain draw a lot of trees. In one of those trees draw a nest. In that nest draw little baby eagles. Draw the mother flying to her nest to care for her babies. Draw the mother on top of the mountaintop with a group of eagles looking for food together. Draw the food that they find for their babies.
- One-Minute Exploration: Who is your biggest supporter in your life and Why?