Instructor: Jaclyn Semlak
Community: Pre-K – 1st Grade
Plan Creation Date: February 27, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening to our Hearts/Grounding
Materials:chime, hoberman sphere, heart cut outs, heart image in nature photo, music and cd player, Sample heart photo (I use on the smartboard in classroom) http://www.slowfamilyonline.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/nature-heart06.jpg
- Gather in a circle with cut out hearts in front of each child and ring chime.
- Put a hand on your heart and feel it beating.
- Close your eyes and look into your heart.
- What is your heart feeling today?
- Listen to yourself and think about how you feel today.
- 6 breaths – with hoberman sphere led by child
- 3 volcano breaths – to send out feeling in our hearts
- Share – 3 students – how heart is feeling?
- Roots – Stand up and find your roots
- Feel the feet pressing into the ground and lift up into
- Mountain – arms up, strong mountains, open up hearts
- Forward fold – let your head hang heavy and listen to what your body feels here
- Slowly rise up
- Modified Mat Flow (no mats)
- Start with roots to mountain and continue through flow 3 times ending back in mountain(in chair pose check in—When you listen to your heart now, what does it feel?)
- Tree – hand to your heart and listen to how you feel now, what is your heart feeling?
- Tree – with other leg
- Hands at heart and close eyes
- Feel heart beating here, how will you listen to what your body is telling you today?
- Open eyes and sit down, then lay down for twists both sides
- Slowly press up to seat and gaze at heart photo in nature.
- Transition to what is in our hearts and Map of our Hearts Lesson for Writer’s Workshop.