Instructor: Donna Fischer
Community: Middle School Counseling Group
Plan Creation Date: July 6, 2012
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Belly Breathing: Student demonstrates and picks the count for the class with the Hoberman sphere
- Other student completes the count to help the leader
- Pulse count: Lie on back
- Partner Pull: Cooperate with and use the strength of your partner to stretch and feel your muscles working
- Sun Salutation: (2x) Include Mountain, Upward Mountain, Forward Bend, Bent Knee Lunge, Downward Dog, Plank, Cobra, Downward Dog, Bent Knee Lunge, Warrior 1, Forward Bend, Chair. Focus on listening to our bodies as well as to the instructor. Focus on the physical strength our body gives us in each pose and always listen to the emotions coming up during the activities.
- Woodchopper: Picture a piece of wood in front of you and think of the strength it takes to chop that wood in half. Come down strong and forcefully to chop that wood. Release the breath with a loud “huh”.
- Standing Pulse Count: Feel the difference in your pulse; think of its strength
- Warrior ll: Incorporate the beginning of the Past, Present and Future activities into the pose; the back hand is the past and the front hand is your future.
- Tree Pose: Think of that strong oak tree in the yard; feel the strength of the ground under that tree; bring that strength into our bodies.
- Come to floor and lie on back: Completely calm for 30 seconds
- Mindful Moment Card: Strength; read and allow time to reflect
- Past, Present, and Future activity: Complete worksheet; process activity