Instructor: Donna Fischer
Community: Middle School Counseling Group
Plan Creation Date: July 6, 2012
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing: Student demonstrates and picks the count for the class with the Hoberman sphere; other student completes the count to help the leader
- Pulse count: Lie on back
- Lie on back: Feel the stillness around you
- Rock & Roll: Feel the strength of the ground below as you rock back and forth
- Boat: Hold your hands next to your knees and think of the quiet and stillness on a calm lake
- Volcano Breath: Take in a deep breath and pause when your lungs are full
- Picture the stillness of a sleeping volcano, quiet and calm. Slowly bring your arms up over your head and release the breath.
- Sun Salutation: (2x) Include Mountain, Upward Mountain, Forward Bend, Bent Knee Lunge, Downward Dog, Plank, Cobra, Downward Dog, Bent Knee Lunge, Warrior I, Warrior II, Forward Bend, Chair (focus on the stillness in our bodies as we calmly hold our poses while we focus on our breath. Listen to the emotions coming up during the activities.
- Roots: Anchor yourself to the ground and feel the stillness in your body. Slowly begin to sway from side to side and then to circles; feel the difference between movement and stillness.
- Tree Pose: Continue to breathe slowly and feel the stillness around you
- Come to floor and lie on back: Be completely calm for 30 seconds
- Mindful Moment Card: Stillness; read and allow time to reflect
- Read the scripted relaxation from Ready… Set… R. E.L.A.X, entitled “Rainbow Walking”