Instructor: Carrie Kubacki
Community: Middle School Ages, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: November 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Belly Breathing – using Hoberman Sphere – Slow, gentle inhales and exhales to bring calm to the entire group. Help out our entire class community to feel the calm breathing by being calm and still ourselves. Volunteers to help lead/count. Ask for compliments from the class for the leaders.
- Pulse Count – Practice for 20 seconds. Pay attention to the quiet and calm of the entire group as we all take our pulses.
- Cat/Cow Stretches
- Alternate Arm/Leg Kicks – Imagine reaching your support out to those around you.
- Mountain Pose – Envision being a strong mountain range together as a group.
- Upward Mountain – with strong arms. Imagine supporting one another with that strength.
- Sun Salutation A – three rounds. Focus on flowing together as one community. Creating a positive energy for one another as we give thanks to the sun.
- Tree Circle – A forest of strong trees, supporting one another, giving one another positive energy.
- Communication Activity – Changing Tree/Mirror Tree – Volunteers to lead different types of tree—strength tree, happy tree, calm tree. Mirror Tree with a partner. Discuss communication without talking as one large group.
- Seated Twist – As gently twist back, look at community gathered around us. Positive energy, smiles as we close physical activity.
- Child’s Pose – Calm and quiet pose. Feel the quiet energy from the group.
- Reclined Twist
- Belly Breathing – on backs.
- One Minute Mindfulness – Community Card – Think about those people who are your community, help you to feel safe and protected.
- Relaxation – Stillness and listening – Himalayan Singing Bowl Listening Meditation.