Instructor: Margaret Askelsen
Community: Middle School Ages, Grief Group, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 2, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere – Have two students come to the front of class. Have one student mirror the actions of the one who has the sphere. Have students breathe in and out 10 times
- Child’s Pose
- Warrior Pose – Do this 3 x’s …Ask what times did you feel very strong? What things give you strength? How often are you strong? What does strength come from? What makes you know that you “can do it”? Can you hang with your emotions? What can you bring from the past that will help others in the future?
- Upward Mountain – Can you be a strong beautiful mountain ? What beautiful memories are a part of your life now?
- Tree – Think of your favorite tree. Lean forward, lean back, side to side, then go in a circle, make it smaller and smaller. Imagine the roots going deeply and connect with everyone it the room. Open your eyes and connect to a tree. Connect to a tree outside. Realize that all of nature is connected forever.
- Relaxation – Place a rock at the front of your mat. The rock will say “Peace” or “Believe”. Lay that at the top of the mat. Get into corpse pose and do a visual relaxation. Bring strength to my mind and my body.