Instructor: Melanie Scott
Community: High School Ages, Yoga Calm Club, School Setting, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: January 21, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
Objective: The student will practice strength by practicing standing up for themselves and developing verbal and communication skills.
- Belly Breathing – On the mat-belly breaths with the Hoberman sphere. Allow other students to lead and help count. Allow them to compliment each other.
- Leg Stretch – Have them use their big toes to spell the principle of the day: Strength. It can be physical, mental, emotional. We will focus on learning to stand up for ourselves as well as building each other up and supporting each other.
- Yoga Calm Mat 20
- Conflicting Feelings Lesson – Let them share an example and help each other make a plan by setting boundaries. Talk about anger, their triggers, and it’s ok to be angry, channel it, and the strength it takes to remain calm.
- Harassment Prevention Lesson – Connect the two lessons by sharing that both of these build strength in ourselves and allow us to think through and develop the strength/courage to do what is right for the situation.
- Twist Pose
- One Minute Exploration – think about time where you had strength-whether it was physical, mental, or emotional. How did you feel?