Instructor: Naomi Leong
Community: High School Ages, School Setting, 45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: July 17, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Belly Breathing – while sitting on mat with Hoberman Sphere. Instructor leads with student counter for 5 breaths, then student leads with counter.
- Pulse Count
- Tree – Think of all of the positive experiences you have had that helped you grow into the person that you are today.
- Sun Salutation Flow – (Mountain, Upward Mountain, Forward Bend, Bent Knee Lunge, Downward Dog, Plank, Cobra, Downward Dog, Bent Knee Lunge, Forward Bend, Upward Mountain, Mountain) Repeat with student leading.
- Alternate Arm/Leg Kicks
- Bridge – From where to where is your bridge going? Where are you on your bridge?
- Past, Present and Future Activity for Grounding – Warrior II – Explain that the past can
hold anger, resentment, disappointment; the future can hold worries, fears, and doubt. We need to keep our weight balanced and grounded in the middle, in the present. At the same time we need to honor our past and stay focused on our future goals. Discuss.
- Pulse Count
- Child’ s Pose
- One-Minute Relaxation – Read Grounding Card “Think of your favorite tree. Now
imagine that you can plant that tree in a special place. Go to that place, dig a hole and plant the tree. Imagine that you can see into the future and watch the tree grow tall.” Share and discuss.