Instructor: Kelly O’Berry
Community: High School Ages, Gym Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: January 14, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
Props/Music/Resources Required: Music & CD or IPod player, chime
- Opening Chime – thumbs up when you can no longer hear the chime, wait quietly until everyone is ready to begin.
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere: 10 breaths
- Silent Listening – Close eyes and listen to the sounds of the room for 30 seconds & share what we heard
- Yoga Calm Mat 20 – two times of activate part: encourage to listen to body and follow what their body tells them to do during the stretches.
- Circle of Support – Stand in circle listening to yourself and allowing your body to guide you as you stand alone. With your hands together with those next to you, listen to how your partners’ support and guide you in balance and how you support them. Talk about how when we listening we hear more than words.
- Relaxation – RELAX.calm PMR 5 relaxing the whole body; reminding students to listen to their bodies and take care of what they hear.
- Closing Chime – notice if you were able to hear the chime longer than at the start of the class.