Instructor: Julie Reyes
Community: Classroom Setting??, Ages??
Plan Creation Date: November 24, 2009
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Belly Breathing – lying down on back, spraying fairy dust.
- Have students imagine they are lying in a mountain meadow on a nice, warm day. A gentle breeze brings the smell of lavender that is all around you to your attention. You feel comfortable and safe because you know you are supported by the earth underneath you—the grass, the roots of the grass, the soil the roots grow down into; the rocks underneath the soil and the solid and strong granite that lies beneath the rocks. Now, imagine yourself sitting on a large warm rock in the mountain meadow. It is a beautiful clear day and you can see for miles and miles. What can you see?
- Mat 20 – only through Tree Pose, with a special emphasis on thinking of a person that has been there for them in the past when things have been difficult for Heart Thoughts. One student leads Sun Salutations.
- Past, Present and Future Activity – Each student gets to pick a special rock from a basket. The rock represents the person they chose to send their Heart Thoughts to.
- Fill out the Past, Present and Future worksheet
- Supine Spine Twist – reminding students that they are supported by the Earth, so they can grow roots down from their shoulder blades into the soil to keep them from lifting.
- Read On the Day You Were Born by Debra Frasier