Instructor: Devin Malone
Community: Grades K-5, Classroom Setting?, 97% free and reduced lunch, 50 minutes
Plan Creation Date: January 19, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
Academic/Therapeutic/Other Goals: Students will be able to identify their support systems and tell how they can access those people.
Props/Music Resources required: Music & ipod dock, Mat 20 poster, Classroom Set of Mats, Hoberman sphere
- Intro – Guiding Questions: What is a community? Who are the people that support you and are in your community? This class is a community. Our school is another community. We live in other communities as well. What are they? (family, religious organizations, sports, dance groups, neighborhood, state country)
- Volcano Breaths – led by a student (compliments)
- Mat 20 – student led with compliments
- Compliments – Why do we do compliments In class? (makes people feel good, builds community, practices giving compliments)
- Partner/Trio Tree
- Tree Circle – expand our community and make a circle with everyone
- Community Circle – with worksheet – Who are people that support you? How can you support others?
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere (student led with compliments)