Instructor: Patsy Keech
Community: Grades 9 – 10, School Setting, 40 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 23, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
Words: “Relaxing my body keeps my mind fresh”
- Have a student ring the bell of stillness – Close eyes and sit in stillness of the moment – “be where your feet are”.
- Belly Breathing – Ask a student leader to lead the breathing with the Hoberman Sphere. Appoint another student to be the counter. Focus on the rate of their breath and slowing things down.
- Forward Bend – turn your focus inward. Listen to what your body and mind are saying.
- Personal Space Activity – Listen to how your body reacts when your personal space boundary is crossed.
- Brainstorm – for clues your body gave you when you where in a stressful situation. How did you listen to this feeling? What did you do? (Cough, sneeze, put your hand up, head down)
- Mindful Moment – Take a moment to listen to your body. What is it feeling right now? Is it trying to tell you something? Is it peaceful and content?