Instructor: Jaclyn Boyd
Community: Grades 6-8 Choir Group, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 21, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Chime – Close your eyes and focus in on the chime. When the sound stops, slowly bring your attention to the front of the room.
- Belly Breathing – w/ Hoberman Sphere – student leader and counter – Following student leader keep your hands on your belly and feel the expanse as you inhale and fall as you exhale.
- Mindful Moment Card – “Imagine a time when you felt strong in your body. What were you doing and who were you with?”
- Mountain – Feel your body strong and activated.
- Crescent Moon – Inhale as you rise, exhale as you stretch to the side. Follow the pace of your own breath, rising and falling.
- Woodchopper – Use your strong voice!
- Warrior I – “I am strong.”
- Warrior II – “I am in control.”
- Triangle – Exhale as you reach down, keeping muscles activated as you stretch.
- Back Breathing
- Strong Voice – (modified for large class 50+ students) – Teacher reads Strong Voice questions, and students think of answers while they are relaxing in silence. After, ring chime. “When the sound stops, sit up and we will share some of our Strong Voice answers.