Instructor: Ashley Justen
Community: Grades 3-5, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Quiet Listening – Begin with 30 seconds of quiet listening, this could also be done with a chime.
- Bell Breaths
- Pulse Count
- Yoga Flow: Top 10
- Volcano Breath – listen to the sounds of a volcano (allow students to do some breaths with volcano noises)
- Woodchopper – listen to the noises your classmates are making
- Mountain – What would a mountain hear?
- Roots – What would a tree in Minnesota hear? What would a tree in the rainforest hear? What would a tree by a river hear?
- Crescent Moon – What noises do you hear at night?
- Modified Dancer – listen to your own breathing and heart beat.
- Repeat this flow 2 times
- Archetype Game – This will require students to be quiet and listen to directions as to when to freeze and what archetype to portray. The trickster- sneak around quietly so you can hear if someone is about to catch you being tricky! Angel- listen to the positive things around you. The Content One- listen to the positive thoughts you have about yourself. Bear in a cave- listen to the noises outside. The Peaceful One- listen to the quiet and feel content.
- Twist – What do you need to be listening to at school? How are you going to do this? What do you need to listen to at home? How are you going to do this?