Instructor: Karin Calde
Community: Grades 3-5, private yoga studio, home, or Girl Scouts
Plan Creation Date: April 1, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman sphere – Ask for a student to volunteer and pick the number of breaths the group will do; student will pick another student to be the “counter.” Encourage compliments.
- Mat 15 Flow – Mountain to Mountain
- Tree – Imagine the people in your community – family, friends, classmates, etc. – holding down your feet; the people in your community give you strength that you can use.
- Tree Circle – Notice if it feels different to do tree post in a circle. What was your experience? When we work with our community, we gain strength from one another.
- Community Circle Game and Worksheet
- Warrior I & II – Feel where you feel your strength in your body. Who, in your community, helps you to feel strong? Think about that person when you’re in Warrior Pose.
- Back Drawing – Now let’s do something for each other. We’re a community, too.