Instructor: Julia Peterson
Community: Grades 3-5, Developmental Cognitive Disabilities Group, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: June 15, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
Class Environment: Center table with favorite characters of group
- Belly Breathing – Hoberman sphere breathing: select one student to hold the sphere and another to count and feel how strong your breath is with each breath.
- Strong Voice – read the strong voice worksheet questions and encourage students think about their own strength.
- Mountain – practice sitting strong in your chairs with your feet planted and breathing with a strong voice.
- Seated or Standing Warrior Flow – star to warrior II with the left arm, back to star, then turn to center and into chair pose, then lean into warrior II pose with the right arm, and then back to center for star pose.
- Archetype Game – while seated in the chairs practice being your favorite warrior, monster, child, and jokester and tell us how and where you feel the characters.
- Forward Bend – lean forward in your chairs and feel the strength you had during the game.
- One Minute Relaxation – think about your favorite warrior character in a book or show and how you could use that strength at school and home to take on something that is hard for you and practice being strong.