Instructor: Tabita Green
Community: Grades 3-5, After School Group, Parks & Rec Setting, 45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 29, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Name Game – (I’m Tabita, I’m here. I see you.)
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere– discuss the benefits of breathing, student
leader w/ compliments. Ask how they feel after breathing (calm, relaxed, etc.).
- Mountain – spread toes, press feet into the ground. Stand very still by activating your
- Activate/Relax – feel the difference between activated (& still) and relaxed.
- Mountain – imagine that you are tall mountain standing still with snow falling down on you.
- Roots – find your center and stillness.
- Forward Bend – press feet down, lengthen legs, come up in chair pose.
- Downward Dog – focus on spreading fingers, alternate with Child Pose for stillness.
- Dancer – discuss benefits of good balance, challenge students to stand still in pose
for 10 seconds, do both sides.
- Tree – imaging you’re a tree and it is completely still outside, now imaging that it’s a
bit windy (alternate to contrast stillness with movement).
- Floor Twist – hold pose and lie still for several seconds
- Back Drawing – script on p. 62
- Calm Voice – activity & worksheet, encourage students to share (in class and at home)
- One-Minute Exploration – imaging sitting by a very still lake (p. 176)