Instructor: Emily Manson
Community: Grades 2-6, Classroom Setting, 40 minutes
Plan Creation Date: February 18, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
Focus: Emotional Strength
- Drum to Mat
- Standing Breathing – with Hoberman sphere – student leader, counter and counter selection (8-15). Compliments for each leader, one or two each.
- Check-In with your bodies today see how they are feeling today.
- Volcano Breath – 3 silent, 3 with volcano sound.
- Mountain – activate our bodies, pulling strength to the center.
- Upward Mountain – climb to the top of our mountains with positive self talk.
- Crescent Moon – notice how we can be strong and flexible.
- Warrior II – (challenge with 30 drum beats) use strong self talk group talk about what you said to yourself during the challenge.
- Wood Chopper – (soft huh, loud huh) – how does it feel to be strong?
- Activate/Relax Walk – Walk both activated and relaxed together – how does it feel to be both at one time?
- Roots – feel how strong our roots are and how we can still wave in the wind, being strong and relaxed at once.
- Twist – switching sides– notice how your body feels today.
- Relax back into your mat and give yourself a compliment for today.
- Relaxation Story – about saying positive self-talk.