Instructor: Jennifer Brandt
Community: Grades 2-6, After School Community Ed. Class, Classroom Setting?, 45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: January 14, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
Props/Music/Resources Required: mats, 8 blocks, hoberman sphere, bell
- Belly Breathing with (seated) Roots – Sitting on the floor, feel like you are a tree. Strong and rooted. Rest hand on belly, one on heart. Feel where body moves on inhale. Focus on moving the belly.
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere (5-10 breaths) – Both hands on belly. Breathe with the ball.
- Cat/Cow – Begin connecting breath to movement
- Alternate Leg/Arm Kicks – Bring awareness to center of body
- Yoga Flow – I do the first one then have 3 volunteers lead the next 3
- Tree – Ask the kids for any tricks that help them balance
- Block Creek – First round go one at a time. Next round with eyes closed with friends helping
- Compliment Game – Compliment friends who helped you
- Progressive Relaxation – Bring awareness to each part of the body from toes to head. Activate and relax the muscles of each part of the body.