Instructor: Kelly McLean
Community: Grades 2-5, School Setting, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 20, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Intro – Today’s theme is all about community. What does community mean to you? We get support, care and friendship from our communities (family, friends, school, etc.).
- Belly Breathing – with Breathing Sphere: Demo, student lead 5 breaths, compliments
- One Minute Exploration – sitting or lying down, think of a time when you spent time with friends and loved ones when you felt supported. Where were you? Who was there? What did they do to help you feel wanted, loved and supported? Share thoughts.
- Volcano Breath – Demo, student leader, send special thoughts to someone who has supported you, share.
- Name Game – Make eye contact, say name to person and toss them the ball. Challenge: try 2-3 balls.
- Shoulder Clock – Demo, pick partner about same height, try clocks.
- Partner Pull – Demo, then feel stretch on side of body use eye contact.
- Partner Stretch – Sound of Music: Demo, try with partner.
- Mat 20 – Demo, run thru slowly, student leader, compliments.
- Tree – tree by self, how long to hold? Partner-tree challenge-how did it feel to lead, to follow?
- Tree Circle
- Mat Tag – one person is it, chase (walk, run, crawl, skip, jump) to tag, must stay on mat.
- Arm Swings – standing, swing arms, side to side in relaxed way.
- Back Drawing – sit in circle, draw on back-light rain, heavy rain, light thunder, lightning strikes, clouds, brush clouds away, sun, rub hands place on back-feel warmth, draw flower, special present, whisper it in ear.
- Compliment Circle – one in middle, give compliments, say thank you.