Instructor: Rebecca Andestic
Community: Grades 2-5, EDL Afterschool Program, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: January 1, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
Props/Music Resources Required: chime, sphere, various sensory items, Yoga Calm Book
- Chime – to bring everyone’s awareness and attention together—have a student ring the chime; have students raise a hand when they no longer hear sound
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere—have another student lead w/the sphere
- Pulse Count
- Child’s Pose
- Table – (on hands and knees)
- Down Dog – step up to Forward Fold
- Volcano Breath – send out thoughts, intentions to someone you care about
- Yoga Flow – Mountain—Forward Fold—Half Lift—High Plank—Low Plank—Cobra—Down Dog—Mountain (3X)
- Standing Flow – Roots; Up Mountain—Warrior I—Warrior II—Star (shine your bright self stars! Expand (activate muscles and even mini back bend and head lifts up)—Warrior II (other side), Warrior I—Up Mountain (3x)
- Personal Space – with partners: discuss how one needs to pay attention to non-verbal cues. Also, discuss cultural differences.
- Trust Walk and Sensory Journey – with partners
- Yes/ No Game
- Chime – to bring everyone back to center (student rings) Others raise hand when they no longer hear a sound.
- Pulse Count
- Seated or Supine Spinal Twist – both sides
- Changing Channels Relaxation (pg. 108) – discuss when it might be useful to know how to change channels in life.