Instructor: Anna Marchio
Community: Grades 1-2, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 22, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- This lesson is intended for children that may need de-escalation or that need to let some negative or stressful energy out (the idea of meeting the children where they are at). Have lights dimmed.
- Volcano Breath – Start with volcano or dragon breath X3
- Woodchopper – Hi Yah sound.
- Child’s Pose – deep breathing in child’s pose
- Mindful Moment – When children are in child’s pose reading a Mindful Moment card for Stillness
- Start with shaking or pounding to music
- Volcano Breath – “RAWR” Tell students to let it all out!
- Mountain – “Dig feet deep into the ground”
- Tree – both sides
- Mountain – hands up this time – shine through your fingertips
- Woodchopper 3X
- Forward Bend
- Alternating elbows touching
- Downward Dog
- Child’s Pose
- Child’s Pose/Relaxation – During final child’s pose, ask students to think of a place or a time that made them happen. Who were you with? What were you doing? Instead of feeling those yucky feelings of stress and bad energy – try to remember this happy place to get you through the day.