Instructor: Anna Marchio
Community: Grades 1-2, School Setting, 45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 22, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- If weather permits, this may be a fun lesson to do outside.
Dim the lights if done indoors.
- Ring Chime
- Belly Breathing – Ask a student to hold the Hoberman sphere. Have that students ask a friend to count the breaths.
- Volcano Breath X2
- Mindful Moments Card – for listening
- Yoga Flow:
- Start with child’s pose to tabletop
- Tabletop to cat/cow
- Downward dog
- Step into forward fold
- Chair with twists on each side
- Forward fold to Mountain
- Repeat bolded steps
- Volcano Breath X 2
- Social/Emotional Game – Communication Game – Give class 1 situation per lesson. Start with re-state and add more each time. Teacher will need to do a lot of modeling. Put students in partners – skits. Use visual photos to help students understand the game.
- Belly Breathing – Have students place beanie babies on student’s bellies – Turn on music.
- Relaxation – story from Ready, Set, RELAX on page 116 and take their animals on an adventure.