Instructor: Morgan Watson
Community: Grade 7, Therapeutic Group, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: December 2, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere (2 minutes), Ask the group how many breaths they would like to practice (between 5-10), invite a group member to lead the Hoberman sphere and ask another group member to lead the count. Integrate complements.
- Compliments – (1 minute ), Now let’s invite people to give complements to how our group leaders did during the breathing activity.
- Pulse Count – (1 minute), Provide information prior to the pulse count about the heart rate and stress and the importance of being able to listen and become attuned to our heart, mind, and bodies are telling us. Invite the group to find their pulse, then listen to the beat of their hearts.
- Mindful Moments Card – Set intention (1 minute),- Mindfulness Card (Listening)-Ask each student to read their cards out loud.
- Chime – (30 seconds)
- Yes/No Game – (30 minutes)- and combine it with Compliment game. (10 minutes)
- Yoga Calm Top 10 – (10 minutes)-Invite group members to lead poses.
- Volcano Breath – Invite a group member to demonstrate the positions during the Yoga Calm flow. As you exhale your volcano breath image a time where you listened to someone and how that felt.
- Woodchopper – Group member continues to demonstrate this pose.Encourage the group to listen to their body as they are chopping the wood.
- Mountain – Same group member to lead during this pose. I will walk around and ask the group members to imagine themselves high on top of a mountain and turning into the sounds that they hear high on their mountains.
- Roots – Same group leader demonstrating this flow. I will invite the group members to engage in this activity with their eyes open and closed.
- Crescent Moon – Same group leader demonstrating the pose. Encourage group members to imagine sending laser beams out through their fingers and listening to their bodies as they are reaching up toward the sky and imagining energy from the center of the ear to the sun.
- Dancer – Same group leader demonstrating the pose.
- Floor Twist – (1 minute)-Practice belly breathing. Same group leader demonstrating pose. Encourage the group to tune into their bodies and listen.
- Volcano Breath – (2 minutes)- Same group leader demonstrating the pose. Encourage the group to imagine something the would like to bring into their lives and as they exhale, they can shower this image around them. Encourage the group members to listen to their bodies and experience how showering themselves with this image makes them feel.
- Relaxation – (5 minutes)- Re-read Mindful Moment Card on Listening.