Instructor: Summer Buzza
Community: Grade 7, School Setting?, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: September, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
Vocabulary: I can work with others to accomplish goals.
- Check-In – scale 1-10 option to tell why & option to pass (1-disconnected, lonely, anti-social…..10 – connected, supported, social).
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman sphere.
- Mindful Snack *option – 5-8 minute simple mindful snack (apple slices, almonds)
- Volcano Breath – each breath think of a person who supports you/whom you support.
- Mat 20
- Partner Work – Back Breathing p61, Partner Pull p 80, Shoulder Clock p 86, Tree Challenge, Tree Circle
- Harassment Prevention *option – p 117 (might not be appropriate for group)
- Community Circle Activity – p 110 & 111.
- Relaxation – guided meditation about working with others to accomplish goals (RELAX.calmp162-163).
- Check-In – 1-10 (1-disconnected, lonely, anti-social…..10 – connected, supported, social).