Instructor: Carolyn Jordan
Community: Grade 5, Classroom Setting?
Plan Creation Date: May 1, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Belly Breathing and Pulse Count – Lay on mats for belly breathing and pulse count
- Leg stretch – Hold behind thigh; straighten leg and gently pull towards you. Switch legs.
- Mat 20 – Reminding students to root down into the earth and stretch up and out from the hips.
- Plank, Downward Dog, Chair – Show core strength in plank, dog and chair
- Belly Breathing
- Guided story – mat becomes magic carpet to the forest to find the strongest animals for their messages.