Instructor: Pamela Storry
Community: Grade 5, Special Ed, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: November 19, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Setting: Group leader identified and in front of classroom, lavender scent, ring the bell and “listen” carefully until you can know longer hear the ring of the bell.
- I CAN listen to my body and know when I am feeling tired and overwhelmed.
- Volcano Breath
- Snake Breath (listen for a soft hissing on the exhale)
- Twist – listen to your body, be aware of how the stretch feels, helpful for digestion and energizes.
- Forward Bend
- Activate/Relax Walk – feel the difference in your activated muscles vs. relaxed muscles.
- Happiness Recipe – (Students complete worksheet, listen to your own thoughts, think about what really makes you happy) and sharing responses.
- Belly Breathing