Instructor: Pamela Storry
Community: Grade 5, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 15, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- I CAN show strength by using a strong voice to stand up for others.
- Environment: Play song “Brave” by Sara Bareilles while students get out Yoga mats.
- Sharing – Share some of the significant words to the song (You can start speaking up, nothings going to hurt you the way that words do, let the words fall out, I want to see you be brave). The song is an example of finding emotional strength in your words.
- Volcano Breath
- Warrior I and II (How does a warrior show strength?)
- Strong Voice/Strong Voice Worksheet
- Read short book – “Say Something” by Peggy Moss
- Relaxation Pose – Imagine yourself showing strength by speaking up to help someone that is getting teased or bullied.