Instructor: Carolyn Jordan
Community: Grade 5, Classroom Setting?
Plan Creation Date: May 1, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Belly Breathing – with one student counting, teacher working Hoberman for chosen number of breaths
- Pulse count
- Volcano Breath – Breathe in slowly push breath out of the erupting volcano
- Trust Walk
- Warrior I – pair up and face each other to see each other’s strength
- Warrior II
- Rising moon – Reach up and touch that moon, reach back
- Roots – Send the roots down, rock forward and back, center, rock side to side, center. Circles in both directions large and then small. Feel all the parts of your feet.
- Compliment Game
- Belly Breathing – Lay on mats
- Relaxation – Close your eyes. Travel on your mats to the dense jungle with its rich colors. Listen for all the sounds in the jungle. Find a very still animal and listen to what it has to tell you about the secret of being still. Take the message with you as you get back on your mat and travel back to our class.