Instructor: Aderyn McLean
Community: Grades 4, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 20, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Belly Breathing – with Breathing Sphere. Choose a leader and counter. Give compliments.
- Pulse Count – (have them try to listen to the pulse).
- Sitting with Eyes Closed – Think of a time when you felt very strong, what were you doing?
- Volcano Breath – (think about that strong feeling).
- Chair 15 – Pick leader, what strength did it take to be a leader?
- Activate/Relax Game – with drum:
- Walking and freeze in mountain pose (activate superhero).
- Freeze in strong pose and then talk about the three different strengths.
- Twist – sitting in chair (listen to your body to find your sticky spot).
- Relaxation Story – about being on a mountain.
- Compliment Circle – one compliment per person.