Instructor: Amy Dalsimer
Community: Grade 2, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: October 21, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Belly Breathing – Student led and student counter – Compliments after
- Back Drawing – do in circle – lead community theme “a walkthrough Waterbury”. Draw tree’s, post office, park, book store, school, cars going by, etc.
- Yoga Flow – Child led Flow – Child’s pose, downward dog, warrior II, downward dog, warrior II, child’s pose – Compliments after
- Trust Walk – In discussion, Stress What it means to be a leader and a follower and benefits/challenges of both Use “Challenge by Choice”, an option for students to choose their level of participation. In this case, eyes closed or open.
- Back Breathing – Quiet Moment Card; Community – Include friends at Mountain lake- what do you and your friends notice?
- Relaxation – Read “Humphrey the Lost Whale”, a story about a group of people who came together forming a community to help a lost whale.