Instructor: Colleen Fleming
Community: Classroom Setting??, Grade 1
Plan Creation Date: October 23, 2009
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Belly Breathing – with the Hoberman sphere for 10 breaths.
- Pulse count – this is our heart beat which carries all the oxygen we need to all our bones and muscles and our brains. Is yours beating fast or slow?
- Mountain pose – now become an activated mountain. Remembering that mountains are strong and still and silent.
- Upward mountain – feeling your feet rooted to the earth. Imagine a string lifting your head off of your body and your feet rooted to the earth. Breathing in fully.
- Crescent moon – Your body gently swaying to one side without moving your feet. Back to the middle and then to the other side. Feeling your muscles activated and strong as you breathe in and out.
- Warrior 1
- Past Present Future activity
- Relaxation story – about tall beautiful trees that grow so high but remain rooted to the earth. Even when the wind is blowing the trees are flexible and sway and blow in the wind, but remain rooted and standing. Imagine you are your favorite tree and the wind is blowing through your branches, but your roots are strong and firmly and safely holding your to the earth.