Instructor: Rachel Pufall
Community: Elementary Ages, Yoga Studio Setting, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: September 24, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Intro – Review and reinforce ground rules and expectations ○ Goal is to create a safe and relaxing space ○ Stay on your mat unless Rachel gives directions to move.
- Activate Discussion – Talk about the idea of activating your body ○ Activate by firming muscles in towards your bones ○ Centerline is your spine and the imaginary line that extends to the top of head and tip of tailbone.
- Belly Breathing – with Ball
- Roots – imagine your legs are like tree trunks. Grow those roots of the tree into the
ground. Now rock back and forth and side to side on your feet while staying rooted like a tree.
- Forward Bend
- Star – extend your arms straight out from your body. Activate your muscles by firming them towards your bones.
- Warrior 2 - Try it on our own. Then face each other and recognize our strength in the
- Downward Dog – we did this pose last week. I’m going to time you today to see if your strength has increased. Start on hands and knees. Point fingers straight ahead and spread them like rays of the sun. Press down through the four corners of the hands and feet. Activate and straighten your arms. Turn toes under and press thighs and hips toward the wall behind your and form and A shape.
- Back Drawing – depending on numbers we may have to take turns. Hands on back rain rain all the way down light thunder lightning big puffy rain clouds sun palms on back – close eyes and imagine yourself in a beautiful or favorite place with the sun warming your back sun makes flowers – draw a flower now draw a gift or secret message to your friend whisper to them what it is.
- Back Breathing - low back, mid back, upper back
- Child’s Pose
- Relaxation – Read Set R.E.L.A.X