Instructor: Laura McCaghy
Community: Elementary Ages, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: November 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
Class Intention: Main principle I want to convey- Strength
How I will set the tone to create a therapeutic environment- large space for movement, mats in a circle, lower lights, soft music. Which specific challenging behavior am I trying to address? Self-confidence, strong sense of self.
- Breathing Techniques – (integrating principle-based & social/emotional language): Wood Chopper breath
- Yoga Flow – (Yoga-Based Movement integrating principle-based & social/emotional language): Star, Warrior 1, Warrior 2, repeat 3x (mt., upward mt., forward fold)
- Story about Royalty—talk about archetypes.
- Archetype Game – Play the archetype game.
- Craft and Relaxation – (Relaxation integrating the physical, emotional, and cognitive experiences from the lesson plan): color “be a pineapple” sheets. Inner Kingdom guided relaxation.