Instructor: Sabine Lindemann
Community: Elementary Ages, School Setting, 30 minutes?
Plan Creation Date: April 30, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere, using student leader and counter. Compliments to student leader and counter.
- Pulse Count – count for 30 seconds, and listen to/count the beats of your heart – hands on heart, close eyes, listen what your heart has to say for 30 seconds – what did that listening practice do for you?
- Volcano Breath – think of something you would like to bring into your life. As you exhale, shower this image around you.
- Forward Bend – stress importance to turn awareness inward.
- Roots – what are you circling around?
- Back Drawing – have the students share what gifts they gave.
- Floor Twist – using quiet music with focus on breathing.
- Calm Voice – using quiet music. Have students share their responses. Talk about people and places that help the students to feel calm.