Instructor: Dori King
Community: Elementary Ages, Classroom Setting, 45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 30, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing – with the Hoberman Sphere – Teacher has previously modeled. One student leads with the Sphere and one student counts. Afterwards students offer compliments.
- Discussion – Why do we need to find quiet? Group discussion. My favorite quote: “Sometimes there are so many ideas in my head. If I can find quiet then I give my brain a break and I can get more ideas and they are more organized.”
- Finding our one minute of quiet.
- Pulse Count – Count pulse for 15 seconds. Have student remember the number. Repeat and ask students to raise a thumb if their number is lower. Discuss how the breath can help us.
- Yoga Flow – Simple Primary Flow: cat/cow, rock and roll, boat, mountain, up mountain, forward fold, bent knee lunge, mountain, up mountain, forward fold, bent knee lunge, mountain, warrior II on each side.
- Relaxation – visualize what helps to calm you. Then discuss what calms us.