Instructor: Julie Wiesner
Community: Counseling Group
Plan Creation Date: April 7, 2011
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
Each yoga mat will be adorned with a rock to represent strength.
- Belly breathing with Hoberman sphere, one student leading, one student beating the drum firmly after each breath.
- Mindful Moment Card: Imagine that in the future you can do something very well. Maybe you skateboard, dance or play basketball. Picture yourself feeling strong and confident doing this activity.
- Rock and Roll
- Boat: Hold steady against the wind or storm.
- Volcano Breath: Think of someone who is having a hard time right now, someone who may need your strength. Send heart thoughts to that person.
- Mountain: Have one student demonstrate mountain pose. Compliments. Pair off and test strength
- Tree challenge one and two with focus on being strong.
- Star pose: Send your strength on beams of starlight into the universe.
- Warrior 2 (with activity below)
Past Present and Future Activity (p 119).
- Belly Breathing
- Guided meditation using Pillar of Strength script from p. 129 of Ready…Set…R.E.L.A.X.