Instructor: Julie Wiesner
Community: Counseling Group
Plan Creation Date: May 2, 2011
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
Decorate mats with gifts from the garden.
- Belly breathing with Hoberman Sphere/student volunteer/compliments
- Pulse Count
- Changing Channels
- Volcano Breaths: Take a moment and really listen to what your heart is communicating with you today. Pair up and share with a friend what you are hearing from your heart. Take volunteers to share with the group.
- Activate/Relax walk. Use variations: yoga poses; sports. Have students choose poses.
- Mountain: Listen to the wise mountain…what do we have to learn from nature? From those who walked the earth before us?
- Upward Mountain: Send these lessons from the earth up to the sky.
- Crescent Moon: Listen from above to the wisdom sent from earth.
- Star: Think about your wishes for yourself, for your family and friends, for our world; send those wishes out to the universe.
- Warrior 2: Think of someone you want to be strong for today.
- Yes/No Game with discussion
- Belly breathing lying on mat: While breathing, tune into your feelings. Where do you feel it in your body?
- Guided Meditation: “Lost Land” on p. 112 of Ready…Set…R.E.L.A.X.