Instructor: Janice Jordan
Community: Ages/Grades?, Therapy for children, Therapy Yoga room, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: June 15, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
Class Intention: Create a sense of community in group. In Yoga Therapy room, soft light and music. Put up community posters
- Volcano breath – lead by two children standing face to face. Make sounds of volcano together.
- Opening remarks – How breathing together helps us unify and work together. Examples of healthy community; how people pull together after a storm. Ask children for examples.
- Yoga-based Activities – Remind children to breathe deeply during poses
- Yoga Calm Mat 20 – teaching foot and hand pads and knee alignment.
- Tree Circle – have children demonstrate
- Tree Challenge – have children demonstrate
- Shoulder Clock – have children demonstrate
- Social Emotional Activities – Harassment prevention activity on page 117 of Yoga Clam for Children
- Trust Walk – If time do Trust Walk on page 126 of Yoga Calm for Children
- Relaxation – Brief progressive muscle relaxation page 133 Yoga Calm for Children
- From Mindful Moment Cards – Picture a time when you shared a wonderful meal with family and friends. What were you eating? Who made the meal?