Instructor: Tida Chambers
Community: Classroom Setting??, Ages 15-16??
Plan Creation Date: November 16, 2009
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Laying down on back-belly breathing – one hand on belly, other hand on chest, breath from hand to heart.
- Back breathing – partner up, one in child’s pose, start with hands on lower part of back, 3 deep breaths, move to middles of back-feel hands rise and fall like waves on ocean.
- Arm Swings – after 2-3 rounds of inhale arms up, exhales, arms back to side, add positive self talk- “I am strong. I am in control. I can do it. I can be responsible.
- Roots – stand with feet hip width apart. Pointing straight ahead. Rock forward and back
- Dancer – Activate and relax during this posture, and ask students to share their experiences.
- Tree – Activate body with strength- then raise arms over head, like branches of tree growing up to sun, rooting standing leg to ground.
- Block Creek – set up 2 mats, with blocks staggered about 1 ft apart, each block is a rock, go slow, look and step carefully on each rock. Try again, looking straight ahead, not looking at rocks, look into to eyes of person in front of you. Use positive self talk, I am strong, I can do it
- Guided Relaxation – involving a river crossing- persevering through challenge leads to accomplishment.