Instructor: Molly Silbernagel
Community: Ages/Grades?, Setting?, minutes?
Plan Creation Date: February 1, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Greeting – Standing greeting from the matt, pose the question, “ What or whom is strong in your life?”
- Mountain Pose with Belly Breathing – feeling the strength within as you listen to your breath.
- Arm Swings – with breath, purposeful and strong movements, like swift strokes moving through water.
- Chair Pose – Active, strong and stable in your unbreakable chair.
- Warrior I – imagining that strong person in your life, flowing to Downward Dog to Warrior I on the other side. Extra strong in your transitions. Repeat with Warrior I and II.
- Plank Flow – plank to side plank on each side, firing your core body to strengthen and help stabilize your movements as you transition, not forgetting the breath, maybe your biggest strength. May repeat.
- Child’s Pose –feel the strength in your breath as you breath into the back body.
- Superman – Maybe the strongest superheroes of them all, feel your strength in this mighty pose. Repeat 2 times.
- Cobra – King of the snakes, feel the quiet strength.
- Rock and Roll – massaging the spine
- Lying Twist – Gently bend the knees and shift them over to one side while the shoulders stay flat on the matt. Do both sides.
- Progressive Relaxation – Feel the strength in each muscle group as they engage and then completely relax.