Instructor: Nicole Herlofsky
Community: Ages/Grades?, Setting?, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: January 14, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
Materials: Mats, Chime, Hoberman Sphere, Book – Good People Everywhere
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman ball to start led by clients followed by compliments. Then cotton ball breathing game with partner.
- Opening remarks – “Think about a time you felt really supported? Where were you, who was with you? How did it feel to be supported?”
- Volcano Breaths – sending out positive thoughts to support people.
- Mat Flow – Yoga-Based activities – Mountain to Mountain
- Tree Circle – Get in a circle facing each other in Mountain pose. Do Tree pose alone, then tree circle 2 times each. Note how it feels different alone vs together.
- Trust Walk and Sensory Adventure – Social/emotional Activity
- Discussion – Sit in a circle and talk about the following questions: How did it feel to be a leader vs a follower? How was in to move with your eyes closed? Why is trust important in a community? How do you build trust?
- Relaxation – Lay on belly with hands under forehead or in child’s pose. Help client’s find their breath again and read “Good people everywhere.”