Instructor: Jennifer Wickham
Community: Ages 8-10, Counseling Setting, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: October 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Pinwheel Breath – How strong does your breath have to be to move the pinwheel… breathe out long and slow and strong? Notice the muscles you use to breathe…
- Pulse Count – find your pulse, feel the beat of your heart drum… listen to your drum for 15 seconds… what is your strong heart voice saying to you?
- Students choose a small stone to represent a hard event they have overcome.
- Mountain – imagine anchoring into the earth… feeling how strong you are…
- Warrior II – (Right) — activate your inside and outside strength holding stone behind you –something you have overcome that is behind you.
- Warrior II – (Left) — Activate!! Holding stone in front of you—something you have the strength to overcome.
- Forward Bend/Downward Dog/Child’s Pose – notice your breath as you relax and let your legs and hands support you from the ground up.
- Harassment Prevention Activity
- Belly Breathing – Lay on back…3-10 belly breaths.
- Guided Relaxation – “The Golden Lion” from Earthlight: New Meditations for Children by Maureen Garth.